By Rohingya Eye ׀ Saturday, August 23, 2014
Maungdaw, Arakan state ׀ Rvisiontv.com
The administrator of Kyein Chaung village in northern Maungdaw has been forcibly collecting money from the Rohingya shopkeepers at the village market under false pretext, causing inconveniences among the shopkeepers, according to the sources.
“U Ko Ko Naing, the administrator of Kyein Chaung village also known as Bawli Bazaar in northern Maungdaw, is a Rakhine extremist. Misusing his authority and by means of force, he, since last week, has started to collect thousands of money from Rohingya shopkeepers in the village under the pretext of building a new structure for Kyein Chaung in its premise. Supporting the licensed robbery of his is Military and Security Intelligence (SaRaPha), Border Guard Police In-Charge in the village and ex-administrator of the village.
Till date, he has extorted Kyat 1,400,000 of amount of money from Rohingya shopkeepers at the Kyein Chaung Market. Some of the victims are:
1) Fedaan (son of) Baadi (of age 45), Kyat 30,000 extorted, Runs a Pharmacy
2) Farid (son of) Ullah Meah (of age 42), Kyat 20,000 extorted, Runs a Pharmacy
3) Osman (son of) ? (of age 53), Kyat 30,000, Runs a Pharmacy
4) Salim (son of) Kalim (of age 48), Kyat 30,000 extorted, Runs a Pharmacy
5) Khala (son of) Laal Meah (of age 55), Kyat 20,000 extorted, Runs a Pharmacy
6) Ismail (son of) ? (of age 23), Kyat 30,000 extorted, Runs Engine Spare Parts Shop
7) Osman (son of) ? (of 38), Kyat 30,000 extorted, Runs Engine Spare Parts Shop
8) Osman (son of) Dudu Meah (of age 40), Kyat 50,000, Runs a Jewelry Shop
9) Dil Mohammed (son of) Amir Johar (of age 52), Kyat 30,000, Runs a Jewelry Shop” said a villager refusing to be named.
A Shopkeeper exclaims “building a new structure or a building for a government hospital is the responsibility of the government. We are just made victims of money extortion just because they have power.
Above all, the truth is they are not going to build anything for the hospital. They will just share the money among themselves by extorting from us.”
To send reports and feedbacks, please email to: email@example.com