By RVision TV Correspondents
- The Border Guard Police in ‘Nyaung Chaung’ village in Buthidaung Township are threatening to imprison the local Rohingya youths accusing them of sending reports to the Rohingya media based in abroad. “You know”, the BGP threatened to a local Rohingya youth, “we can imprison you even with mere a suspicion. So, ask your people to stop sending reports to foreign based media.”
Yesterday, at around 11:00 AM, around 15 BGP personnel raided the ‘Kaadi’ hamlet of ‘AttetKyuayKyuMaw’ village tract looking for ‘Zaw Min Shwe @ Mohammed Toyub (son of) Kullya Meah’ under a similar accusation. “They way they are threatening is really worrisome,” said a Rohingya youth!
3:30PM 17/10/16 The Border Guard Police (BGP) from Commandment Area (1) destroyed and looted some Rohingya-owned shops in the middle hamlet of #KyiKanPyin village tract around 3:30PM on 17th October 2016. The nearby Rakhines from ‘AungZeyar’ village also looted the Rohingya shops.
The shops looted were electronic shops, food stories, clothing shops and restaurants. They looted minimum Kyat 30 lacs worth of goods, according an eyewitness.
Some of the Rohingya whose shops got looted are:
1) Shomsul Alam (son of) Fayaz Ahmed
2) Shomsul Alam (son of) Soyadullah
3) Enayat Ullah (son of) Mv. Abdur Rahshid
4) Mohammed Rashid (son of) Zahir Ahmed
01:00 AM 18/10/16: Military entered now and started raiding Oo Kye Kyar (Bura Shiddafara) of Maungdaw. ViIlagers are scared of further atrocities. Even Yesterday at 03:30 PM Military raided the same village and arrested 2 Rohingyas. They are: Amir Hakim, Muhammed Ali and left the village at 08:30 PM. In 5 hours they raided almost whole village , where they looted many homes by breaking doors and threatened locals for further arrest and torture.
- 7:00PM 18/10/16 Some missing Rohingyas have been found dead floating in a river nearby ‘OoKyeKyar’ village in northern Maungdaw. The locals are unable to recover them, according to a reliable source.
Whilst the Burmese Military has scaled down the atrocities such as killings of innocent Rohingyas and burning down homes, the beatings of Rohingyas; and the raids and loots on their homes continue.
[Compiled by M.S. Anwar and Arifa]
To send reports and feedback, please email to: email@example.com