- No posts where found
Updates 2: Ongoing Military Assaults on Rohingya Civilians
Reported by Rohingya Vision Correspondents
Maungdaw, Arakan State
- 7:00 PM 11/10/16: Around 20 Bengali Rakhine men from ‘Chaudary Fara’ in ‘Nilar’ area ofBangladesh crossed the Naff river by an engine boat and steered towards ‘Ywet Nyo Taung’ village in northern Maungdaw.
They paid duty fees to BGB (Border Guard Bangladesh) to cross the Bangladesh Border.
- 7:30 PM 11/10/2016: Myanmar military based at KyiKanPyin Middle School arbitrarily arrested following four Rohingya men from hamlet of KyiKanPyin village and have kept them incommunicado since then.
‘Mohammed Noor, 68 & his son, Mohammed Haris, 30; Mv Mustafiz,72; and U Yusuf, 47.’
- 12/10/16: Eight Rohingyas arrested on Sunday were released today. 6 from Myothugyi; one each from ‘Thiho Kyun’ and ‘Zula Fara’ respectively. They were severely tortured by the military while in detention.
- 12/10/16 Morning: 2 boats of Rakhine militants entered AukPhyuMa (Hasar Bil) & AttetPhyuMa (Furma) in northern Maungdaw from ‘Harang Hali’ village in Teknaf, Bangladesh.
The AukPhyuMa Administrator, U Ba Than, brought rations for them by looting the Rohingya shops that have remained closed since the military assaults began.
Besides, Rakhine women and children in AukPhyuMa and AttetPhyuMa are being shifted to Ngakura Rakhine village.
The local Rohingyas AukPhyuMa are living in fear of being attacked by both Burmese military and Rakhine extremists.
- 9:00 AM 12/10/16: Myanmar Military torched Rohingya homes at ‘Oinno Fara’ hamlet of ‘Kiyari Ferang’ village tract using fire-launcher. 6 homes were burnt down, 6 people were arrested, while 1 child was hit by a bullter shot by the miltary. The women too ran away fearing of being raped by the Myanmar army.
- 9:00 AM 12/10/16: 40 Myanmar military raided Londoong village; arrested and beat Abdu Shukkor S/o Shabbir; and took him to unknown location.
- 11:00 AM 12/10/16 3 Rohingya homes were torched by Myanmar Military in Wa Peik village. The Military & the Border Guard Police (BGP) have occupied the village as the villagers went into hiding to escape the killings and the arbitrary arrests.
- 11:00AM 12/10/16 3 Rohingya homes were torched by Myanmar Military in ‘Wa Peik’ village. The Military & the Border Guard Police (BGP) have occupied the village as the villagers went into hiding to escape the killings and the arbitrary arrests.
[Compiled and Edited by M.S. Anwar]
To send reports and feedback, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write a comment
Only registered users can comment.