Rohingya farmlands Confiscated by Mough in Southern Maungdaw
ROHINGYA FARMLANDS IN DIFFERENT VILLAGES OF SOUTHERN MAUNGDAW HAVE BEEN CONFISCATED BY MOUGH VILLAGERS SINCE 2012, COMPLAINS A LOCAL.
BY: RVISION TV
MAUNGDAW: hundreds acre of Rohingya farmlands in Godusara, Chaindafara and Killaingdong villages in southern Maungdaw have been confiscated by nearby Mough villagers, restricting Rohingya livelihood.
In Godusara village nearby Natala Mough villagers with the help of village administrator U Tin Maung have confiscated 100 acres of farmlands where Arkanese Rohingya owners are not allowed to farm or move in their own farm lands since 2012.
When village administrator of Godusara, U Hla Myint along with owners of farmlands complained to the town administrator about the brutal incidents, they were turned away by the town administrator by saying “Rohingyas are no more citizens of Arakan, so they have no right to own anything Arakan”.
Details of land confiscation victims are:
- Mohammed sultan S/O Akramul Haque- 10 acre
- Atul Miya S/O Azir Rahman- 4 acre
- Ayyub S/O Rashid Ahmed- 2 acre
- Nur Mustafa S/O Abdu Majid- 1 acre
- Abdul Kader S/O Aziz- 3 acre
- Haque Nal S/O Badur Rahman- 3 acre
- Kabir S/O Abdul Hakim- 3 acre
- Abdu majid- 3 acre
- Habi Ullah- 3 acre
- Rahim Ullah- 3 acre
- Kala S/O Abdu Zakir- 2 acre
- Thanda Miya S/O Abdu karim- 15 acre
- Lal Miya S/O Abdul Hakim- 3 acre
- Muhammed Gani S/O Abdu Rashid 4 acre
- Nur Islam S/O Abdu Rashid- 4 acre
- Moza S/O Abdul aziz- 3 acre
- Kala Miya S/O Majid- 3 acre
- Dil Muhammed S/O Dudu Miya- 3 acre
- Gura Miya S/O Dudu Miya- 3 acre
- Azim Ullah S/O Muhammed Shabbir- 3 acre
- Bashir Ullah S/O Muhammed Hussain- 3 acre
- Saf Miya S/O Abdu Majid – 3 acre
- Basa Miya S/O Anu Miya- 3 acre
- Iman Hussain S/O Anu Miya- 3 acre
- Baila S/O Banu Miya- 3 acre
- Ali Miya S/O Abdul khair- 2 acre
- Abdur Rahim- 3 acre
Similarly in Chaindafara 12 acres and Killaingdong some acres have been confiscated by nearby (Na Ta La) Mough villagers.
Conditions have worsened in these villages, where poor Arkanese Rohingyas rely on farming for their daily Livelihoods. They urged government authorities to take immediate action on these unbearable incidents.
Land Confiscation is a strong and rooted tool used by the previous military government as well in the ongoing GENOCIDE, Where no hope of justice is seen in this so called democratic government as well.
Edited by: Arifa
To send reports and feedback, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org