By HD MYARF
Saturday, April 19, 2014
Maungdaw, Arakan- Security Force at Camp no. 12 in the village of Thu Oo Hla (Koolar bil), northern Maungdaw, are subjecting Rohingyas, irrespective to minors or adults, as forced labours under harsh conditions for more than 12 hours a day.
“There is a HlunHtein (Security Force) Camp at the village of Thu Oo Hla (Koolar Bil) in Northern Maungdaw. The number of the camp is 12 and it is under HlunHtein (formerly NaSaKa Commandment) Region 5. It is headed by Captain Maung Tun.
On 17th April 2014, he started brutal way of subjecting Rohingya passers-by as forced labours in the camp. He stops every Rohingya passer-by, regardless of minor or adult, tortures him and forces him to work in the camp non-stop from 8AM to 9PM. He forces Rohingyas to dig grounds, carry water, clean grasses and other heavy duty works under extremely hot sun. If Rohingyas slightly slow down during the hours of forced labor, he beats them up. And it continues until today” said a Rohingya from a nearby village.
“Some of Rohingyas that have been subjected as forced labours are:
1) Sayed Ullah (son of) Jalil Ahmed (Age 54) from the village of Koolar Bil
2) Nurul Amin (son of) Mohammed Jalil (Age 37) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
3) Ali Ahmed (son of) Basah Meah (Age 59) from the villag of Koolar Bil
4) Habibullah (son of) Mohammed Sayyid (Age 53) from the village of Koolar Bil
5) Mohammed Anas (son of) Noor Khuda (Age 9) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
6) Mohammed Rafi (son of) Badi Ullah (Age 14) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
7) Jaarullah (son of) Muhibullah (Age 17) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
8) Shuna Meah (son of) Iman Hussein (Age 22) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
9) Imran (son of) Rashidullah (Age 19) from the village of Mura Fara of Koolar Bil village tract
10) a Rohingya passer-by called Khairul Hussein and many others.
We request the government of Myanmar and other concerned quarters to take action against subjecting Rohingyas as forced labours” he added.
Please earlier reports as well: