Mass Money Extortion by Authorities in Maungdaw and Buthidaung
By RVISION TV
Arakan: Recently Government Authorities have accelerated there operation on illegal money extortion in Maungdaw and Buthidaung, according to suffering locals.
Some recent money extortion cases are as follow:
- In Ludaing village, Maungdaw police Extorted 30,0000 Kyats from Rafiq, 45, S/O Salamat ullah at 6:00 pm on 4th September 2016.
- In Buthidaung market authorities extorted 10,00000 Kyats from an innocent shopkeeper Ali Muhammed,35 on 29th August 2016.
- In Hasshurata, Gojjondia of Maungdaw authorities extorted 30, 0000 Kyats from a teenage Fishing boy of 13 years, after torturing for the whole night in the fishing pond. In the same village they extorted 30,0000 Kyats from Abul Hashim S/O Sayed Karim and ceased some livestock of another Rohingya named Lelu on August 2016.
- In Aley Than Kyaw, Hasshurata of Maungdaw, BGP arbitrarily arrested and extorted money from Sunaiyya, 23, S/O Ayub in August 2016.
- In Buthidaung Market, police arrested and demanded 30, 00000 lakh a shopkeeper salamatullah,32 on 22nd August. After taking to their camp they tortured him very inhumanely and extorted 10,00000 Kyats on 23rd August 2016.
The above mentioned money extortion cases are the recent cases which reached to RVISION, where many such unrecorded cases occurs on daily bases in all villages of Arakan.
Money extortion is one the common, effective and rooted genocidal tool in Arakan to wipe out Arakanese Rohingya From their land. In which government authorities like police, military and BGP are set free for committing crimes with the label of providing security in Arakan.
Edited by: Arifa
To send reports and feedback, please email to: email@example.com