- No posts where found
General : email@example.com
The Rohingya, an ethnic group from Arakan, Myanmar (Burma), is one of most persecuted minorities in the world. The past military Junta delisted the Rohingyas from the Burmese Ethnic groups just few years after independence of Burma. Since then, the Burmese Military government has continued to exercise a systematic, discriminatory and extremely abusive policy against the Rohingyas. All renowned international human rights organizations and agencies have documented the sufferings of the Rohingyas.
At the beginning of 2012, a group of Rohingya youth from various media background gathered with a view to creating a media channel to create awareness of the Rohingya issues and address the problems related to the Rohingya.
Hence on 21st April 2012, RVision (Rohingya Vision) was born.
On 28th May 2012, when the extremist Rakhine in collaboration with government officials started burning Rohingya houses, killing innocent kids and raping helpless women, RVision was successful in bringing a comprehensive coverage of the events through its network and has being praised by the Rohingya people.
Today RVision broadcast its various programs in several languages such as Rohingya, Burmese, English and Arabic.
Its videos and programs on YouTube video hosting site are the most viewed videos amidst the Rohingya viewers.
RVision is an independent Media Channel and it is not affiliated with any political, governmental or religious organization. Its ultimate objective is to disseminate and document Rohingya news, events and issues and to empower Rohingya youth.
To sustain the values and pride of the Rohingya
To revive the culture and spirit of the Rohingyas throughout the world
1. To create a media channel dedicated to Rohingya Cause
2. To create awareness of the Rohingya crisis across the world
3. To promote the spirit of cooperation and interactions among Rohingyas and the international community
4. To educate Rohingya on human rights and to avoid extremism
5. To promote peace and preserve Rohingya’s national and religious identity
6. To train and develop Rohingyas in the media sector
7. To encourage Rohingya ingenuity and their Talents
8. To uphold Rohingya culture, history and civilization
9. To undertake research and documentation on Rohingya history and activities.