Press "Enter" to skip to content

Accidental Fire Torched Four shelters in Balukahi Camp

By Rohingya Vision TV Correspondents | 7th August 2018

Balukhali: An accidental fire torched down four Rohingya shelters in Balukhali makeshift camp of Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh yesterday (6th August 2018), reports sources.

The tragic incident took place at Block-A 54, RR-Zone of Balukhai camp no. 1 around 6:50 pm in the evening.

The cause of the fire incident was from a stove, as confirmed by the locals nearby.

The fire raged rapidly from the stove and then spread to other three shelters nearby and burned them to the ground.

 

Read more on deaths in the fire:

Four Rohingya killed in Bangladesh camp fire

 

The shelters of the Rohingya residing there was identified to be Fayyas S/O Nuru, Fayyas Ahmed S/O Sultan and Loti S/O Nazir Ahmed.

Immediate after the fire broke out in the area, locals were seen in panic. Later, they managed to extinguish the fire without any report of human casualties.

The unexpected fire incident made the victims homeless in this monsoon season and they are in immediate need of safe shelter.

 

Read more on accidental fire:

Accidental Fire Broke Out in Kutupalong Market

 

Similar accidental fire incidents in March 2018 razed down more than 40 Rohingya shops in Kutupalong makeshift camp and destroyed goods worth 4,000,000 Taka.

To send reports and feedback, please email editor@rvisiontv.com

Comments

comments

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.