Accidental Fire Breaks Out in Thae Chaung Market, Sittwe

msa
By October 12, 2015 13:46

Accidental Fire Breaks Out in Thae Chaung Market, Sittwe

By Saeed Arakani

Sittwe (Akyab), Arakan State

(Rohingya Vision) – An accidental fire broke out in ‘Thae Chaung Market’ in Sittwe (Akyab) Township around 4:00AM [Myanmar Standard Time] today.

The ‘Thae Chaung Market’ is located nearby the ‘Thae Chaung Bridge’ along the main road in a Rohingya village called ‘Thae Chaung’ in Sittwe.

Around 12 stalls/shops were burnt into ashes by the fire. Before the fire could damage further, it was successfully controlled by the local Rohingya villagers by 4:45AM.

A Rohingya Shopkeeper Woman being arrested and taken away after being accused of causing the fire by negligence. (Photo: KNS)

A Rohingya Shopkeeper Woman being arrested and taken away after being accused of causing the fire by negligence. (Photo: KNS)

However, they didn’t receive any help from the Fire-Brigade while extinguishing the fire.

Update: Police arrested the victims [the owners of the shops burnt down] affected by the fire instead of helping them. The police accused the victims of causing the fire by negligence.

[Edited by M.S. Anwar]

To send reports and feedback, please email to: editor@rvisiontv.com

Comments

comments

msa
By October 12, 2015 13:46

Follow me on Twitter

Facebook

1 hour ago
Weekly #EnglishNews 24 August 2017

#Watch: Weekly #EnglishNews 24 August 2017
Burmese brutal military & BGPs are raiding the IDP of Saufarang, Rathedaung, where they are arresting Rohingya along with children and torturing women ... See more

LIKE
LOVE
HAHA
WOW
SAD
ANGRY
« 1 of 1031 »

Subscribe with us